DRY EYE SYNDROME OR MEIBOMIAN GLAND DYSFUNCTION (MGD)
Normal Eyelid (Meibomian) Glands:
Meibomian glands produce the oils needed for a healthy tear film.
Gland (Oil) Dropout:
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction occurs when glands become blocked. If left untreated, the glands may drop out entirely.
New LipiFlow® Technology:
LipiFlow® activators are single-use sterile devices that safely and comfortably deliver automated therapeutic energies to the meibomian glands, while protecting the delicate structures of the patient’s eyes.
Have Questions About Dry Eye Or MGD?
Ask the highly trained Optometrists at Eye Care Associates of Princeton. Call us at 609.520.1008
It’s Time To Change Your Outlook On Dry Eye
There are roughly 30 million people in the United States and over 300 million worldwide who have been diagnosed with Dry Eye Syndrome. Most have learned to live with eye discomfort and have become dependent on eye drops or other treatment methods that only offer temporary relief. This has been due to a lack of understanding that the root cause of most Dry Eye (86%) is now known to be a chronic and progressive condition known as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction or MGD.
MGD occurs when there is a compromise to the function and/or structure of the meibomian glands in the eyelids that produce the protective oily layer of the tear film. These glands can become blocked over time and can no longer produce the oils needed for healthy tears. This blockage results in rapid evaporation of your tears and can lead to eye irritation, discomfort, and if not treated, gland dropout. Be sure to ask our optometrist if you think you have Dry Eye.
MGD Identification At Eye Care Associates of Princeton
A series of eye exams will be performed by the Optometrists at Eye Care Associates of Princeton to determine if you have MGD. This can include LipiView® tear film and gland imaging, and a full meibomian gland evaluation. Knowing what is causing your Dry Eye Syndrome will help our eye care experts determine the best treatment option for you.
Eye Care Associates of Princeton Has LipiFlow® TechnologyTo Help Treat The Root Cause Of MGD
While there are multiple choices available for treating MGD, LipiFlow® is the only FDA-cleared device for removing gland blockages and restoring gland function. Through advances in the application of Vectored Thermal Pulsation (VTPTM) technology, the LipiFlow® treatment utilizes a patented algorithm of heat applied to the inner eyelids and massage to remove the obstructions in your meibomian glands.
Eye Care Associates Of Princeton Services Include:
- Comprehensive exams for health and vision problems, including exams for children (from age five) and the elderly
- Medical testing and management of glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, diabetes and ocular diseases
- Contact lens evaluations including 1-day disposable, astigmatic, multifocal and specialty lenses
- Non-surgical visual correction with Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) including Ortho-K (Orthokeratology)
- Evaluations for laser and cataract surgery, including pre/post-operative examinations
- Eye-related nutritional counseling, including education and strategies for healthy eating and lifestyle changes
- Medical treatment for eye conditions including infections, inflammation, foreign body, allergies and dry-eye syndrome
Some Of The Contact Lens Brands We Carry:
- Acuvue Oasys
- 1-Day Acuvue Oasys
- 1-Day Acuvue TrueEye
- Biofinity Toric
- Biofinity Multifocal
- Biotrue ONEday
- Boston RGP Lenses
- Dailies AquaComfort Plus, Toric and Multifocal
- Paragon CRT
Some Of The Other Products We Carry:
- BioTrue Multi-purpose Solution
- RevitaLens OcuTec Multi-purpose Disinfecting Solution
- Opti-Free PureMoist Contact Lens Solution
- PeroxiClear Contact Lens Solution
- Bruder Eye Hydrating Compress (Mask)
- Avenova Daily Lid and Lash
- Clear Care Contact Lens Solution